This page has moved to a new address.

Healthy Zucchini & Tuna!

The Best Blog Recipes: Healthy Zucchini & Tuna!

Jan 9, 2013

Healthy Zucchini & Tuna!

Healthy Zucchini & Tuna recipe from {The Best Blog Recies}
Photo Source:  The Best Blog Recipes

Join the The Best Blog Recipes for the latest and greatest!  
Like us on Facebook or follow on Pinterest!

Since I've been losing weight over the past couple of months I have really enjoyed making healthy lunches for myself during the day.  I've tried to break out of my norm and find healthier alternatives to the things I usually love to eat.

Today I thought tuna sounded good.  On a normal day I would put it in a bowl with tons of mayonnaise, lemon and onion.  Then I'd toast a bagel and put butter on that. I hate to admit but I'd probably have chips with it too.

Yeah, not the healthiest lunch in the world.... but super tasty!

So, in my weight loss journey I've been learning new and healthier ways to cook.  Mostly for myself since my skinny family can eat whatever they want and get away with it.
I'm happy to report that to date I've lost just over 30 pounds!  And for me that is amazing considering that I run a food blog and have a family that likes treats 24/7.
With all of that being said, today on the lunch menu was one of my favorites:  Hot & Spicy Zucchini and Tuna.  I've eliminated the bread &mayo and have found a way to make it better than I ever thought it could be.  This is my new favorite lunch treat!

Such a quick, easy & healthy meal!  And it's a perfect portion for one person :-)

Hot & Spicy Zucchini and Tuna
Ingredients
1 can albacore tuna
1 large zucchini
2 tablespoons (divided) Smart Ballance Light Butter w/Flaxseed Oil 
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce

Directions
Wash and cut zucchini into bite sized pieces

Put into medium sautee pan with 1 tablespoon butter.  Cook until zucchini starts to get tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.

Drain tuna of canned liquids.  Cut into bite sized pieces.   Add to sautee pan with remaining butter.

Add soy sauce and ground red pepper over zucchini & tuna, stir and cook until tuna is heated through. 

Serve and enjoy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 23, 2013 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually do not write a leave a response, but I looked
at a lot of comments here "Healthy Zucchini & Tuna!". I actually do have a couple
of questions for you if it's okay. Could it be only me or does it seem like a few of these comments come across like they are coming from brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting on additional online social sites, I would like to keep up with you. Would you make a list of all of your social networking sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Here is my homepage: diet plans That work

 
At May 22, 2014 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh this was good...thanks for the recipe and I even added it into a spinach wrap...very yummy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home