This page has moved to a new address.

Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Taco's

The Best Blog Recipes: Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Taco's

Jan 18, 2013

Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Taco's

Photo Source: The Best Blog Recipes


Join the The Best Blog Recipes for the latest and greatest!  
Like us on Facebook or follow on Pinterest!

What's better than an overstuffed taco filled to the brim with delicious slow cooked shredded beef?  Nothing!  That's right.  It doesn't get much better than this!

My house smelled SO delicious all day while this was cooking.  I'm going to share a little secret with you.  I broke the rules.  I did the one thing you shouldn't do while cooking in your slow cooker... I lifted the lid.  I admit it.  I did it on more than one occasion while this baby was cooking to perfection.  I couldn't help myself.  This darn beef smelled so good I couldn't hardly stay away.

Don't tell anyone, ok ;-)

Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Taco
Ingredients
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 pounds beef (I used boneless chuck roast)
1 teaspoon chipolte chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 chipolte pepper in adobo sauce, minced (I used 1 1/2 and it turned out to have quite a kick.  You might want to start with 1 the first time you make this dish)
1/2 large yellow onion
2 tablespoons minced garlic
Flour or corn tortillas

Directions
Take chuck roast out of fridge, unwrap and place on plate.  Let rest for 30 minutes on the counter.

Chop 1/2 of a yellow onion and set aside.

Combine the chipolte chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika in a small dish.  Rub dry spices on all sides of your chuck roast.

Heat oil in large sautee pan over medium-high heat.

Brown all sides of the roast and then place in bottom of your slow cooker. 

Turn down your sautee pan to medium heat and add the beef broth to deglaze the pan.  Add your tomato paste and 1-2 chipolte peppers in adobo sauce.  Whisk together and let sauce heat until boiling.  Reduce heat to low and let simmer for a couple of minutes.

Place chopped onion and minced garlic on the top of the browned roast in your slow cooker.  Pour the pan sauce over the top of the roast, onions and garlic.  Cover with a lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on the size of the roast you are using.  

I turned my roast about 1/2 way through so that the sauce could soak into the top 1/2 of the meat  while cooking :)

Remove the meat from the slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred when done.




















Use a slotted spoon to remove the onions from the slow cooker and add to shredded beef mixture.

Shauna's Serving Suggestions:
  • This meal was great on homemade flour tortillas!  
  • Freshly shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese
  • Fresh spinach
  • Sour cream
  • Salsa
  • Guacamole
  • Refried Beans
  • Mexican Rice

Recipe Source: Gimme Some Oven


* I have linked this recipe to the following "Link Parties".  Please visit these wonderful blogs for other amazing recipes, crafts & DIY ideas!
SixSistersStuff.com

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At January 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for letting me know about your new link party! I'll head right over and see if I can link up early or if I have to wait until tomorrow :)

Shauna

 
At January 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love anything pork and I will for sure try this one out. Thanks.

 
At January 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

No problem Dru! Let me know how you like it :)

 
At February 6, 2013 at 5:16 AM , Blogger Emily Thompson said...

yummy! Now I want a slow cooker :o) Thanks for sharing at Tasteful Tuesdays this week! Do you sew or know someone who does? I have a fabulous pattern sale (18 patterns for under $25) and giveaway going on right now.http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/sew-fab-e-pattern-sale-and-giveaway.html

 
At February 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

This looks wonderful and sounds so easy! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays x

 
At February 21, 2013 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Y U M !! This looks delicious! Pinned ;) Thanks!

 
At February 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for pinning these Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Taco's Brenda :)

 
At February 25, 2013 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com said...

Yum! That beef looks so tender! Thanks for linking up to Sweet & Savory Saturdays!
~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome Amber! Thanks again for hosting :)

 
At February 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Crafts a la Mode said...

wow. That looks like something my husband and son would LOVE! Thanks for the recipe. linda

 
At February 27, 2013 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome Linda :)

 
At April 17, 2013 at 3:20 AM , Blogger cody said...

We really enjoy this. And I'm also searching for easy gourmet food recipes online.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home