This page has moved to a new address.

{Guest Post} Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins

The Best Blog Recipes: {Guest Post} Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins

Feb 14, 2013

{Guest Post} Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins


Happy Thursday everybody.... and Happy Valentines Day too!  

I am so excited for today's post!!!

Kate from i heart eating has put together a "sweet" Guest Post for you guys.... and I completely love it, and her blog too!

Ok, let me clarify.... Not the "Will You Be My Valentine" kind of love.. but more like the "I want to try all of your recipes because they look so darn good" kind of love!  Check out her blog and you'll see what I'm talking about :) 
 
IHE

Hi! I’m Kate from i heart eating, and I’m super excited to be guest posting at The Best Blog Recipes today! 

One of my favorite things to make is muffins. They are quick and easy and delicious. Plus, unlike cupcakes, you don’t have to decorate them; they look cute straight out of the oven. They are also my son’s favorite food. So, I wanted to share one of his favorite recipes with you – Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins

These muffins are just sweet enough to appeal to kids (and big kids), but they aren’t overly sweet. And since they have mini chocolate chips, you get a little bit of chocolate in every bite without the chocolate chips overwhelming the muffin. I hope you enjoy these as much as my little guy does!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins Ingredients
1 c. reduced-fat buttermilk
1 c. rolled oats
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
3 T. butter, melted
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 c. mini chocolate chips
1 T. raw sugar


Directions
1.           Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners; set aside.
2.           In a medium bowl, stir together oats and buttermilk. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes to soften.
3.           In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Mix until smooth.
4.           Stir in egg and vanilla.
5.           Add flour, oat mixture, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until just combined.
6.           Stir in chocolate chips.
7.           Pour about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup.
8.           Sprinkle the tops evenly with raw or turbinado sugar.
9.           Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.




I want to thank Kate for coming over from i heart eating and sharing her awesome Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins with us!  They look absolutely delicious and I can't hardly wait to try them :)



Here are a few more recipes that I can't wait to try from i heart eating:

   


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Нοwdy! Someοne in my Myѕpaсe grοup shared
this ѕite ωith us so I came to сhecκ it out.

I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmaгking anԁ ωill be tweеting thіs to my follоwerѕ!

Fantaѕtic blog and grеаt design.


my web blog Hypothyroidism Treatment

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home