This page has moved to a new address.

No-Bake Homemade Granola Bars

The Best Blog Recipes: No-Bake Homemade Granola Bars

Feb 4, 2013

No-Bake Homemade Granola Bars



Join the The Best Blog Recipes for the latest and greatest!  
Like us on Facebook or follow on Pinterest!

So I've literally been searching and searching for a good granola bar recipe to make.  Nothing was really exciting me until I finally found 2 that I wanted to try.  So I made them both and served them to my family to see which one they liked best.  

And I'm happy to announce that this No-Bake Granola Bar recipe was the winner :) 

These little granola bars are so yummy and easy to make.  I had everything I needed in the cupboard so I was really excited about that too!  They've been perfect for after school snacks and for my husbands work lunches.  

And the best part... it was homemade and healthier than store bought granola bars.
Homemade Granola Bars Ingredients
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter ( I used Wowbutter peanut butter replacement due to a peanut allergy)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (you could also use quick oats)
1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
3/4 cup chopped pretzels
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I used regular sized semi-sweet chocolate chips this time)   

Directions 
Place a piece of parchment paper in a 8x8 baking dish

In a large sauce pan combine your butter, brown sugar, honey and peanut butter and cook over medium-low heat until mixture is melted and bubbling.  Once bubbling continue to cook for 2 minutes while stirring to prevent mixture from burning and sticking to the bottom of your pan.  

Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla extract.  

Combine liquid mixture with rolled oats, rice cereal and pretzels.  

Pour combined mixture into 8x8 baking dish and press mixture down to make even and flat across the top.  Sprinkle the your chocolate chips over the mixture and press gently with your fingers.  

Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge until mixture has completely cooled and set up.  This takes about an hour or so.   
  
You can store this mixture in the fridge or on the counter top in an airtight container for 4 or 5 days and they are still tasty!

Enjoy!

* Recipe should make about 10 bars.  Counts are per serving with the ingredients I used and entered into myfitnesspal.com {Calories 284} {Carbs 44g} {Fat 10g} {Protein 5g} {Sugar 18g} {Chol 12g} {Sodium 337g}  


We've been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)

Recipe adapted from Two Peas in Their Pod
 

   

       

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At February 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Winnie said...

It looks AMAZING !!!
I want to grab it and eat it.
I'm definitely going to make it soon, so I'm pinning this post

 
At February 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and pinning this post Winnie!

 
At February 12, 2013 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love homemade granola bars! The store bought kind doesn't even compare!

 
At February 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow - my kids would love these! Awesome!

Found you at http://thenymelrosefamily.com

 
At February 24, 2013 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Shannon Barefoot said...

These look like the kind you buy at the store - only I'm sure they are so much healthier for you! They look delicious. Thanks for sharing at The Weekly Creative.

Shannon@ Sewing Barefoot

 
At February 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for linking up at my link party last Friday! I wanted to let you know that I am going to feature you tomorrow on my blog!

I'd love for you to stop by and grab a button off my sidebar if you'd like!

Thanks so much!

Have a lovely week!
Ashley
www.simplydesigning.net

 
At February 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the feature Ashley! I'll stop by tomorrow and grab a button and add it to my "Where I've Been Featured" page :)

Thanks again for your great parties! Hope you have a fabulous week :)

 
At February 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Thank you so much for sharing your delicious recipe with us at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you are having a GREAT week! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Sheryl!

 
At February 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Crafts a la Mode said...

Wow. Homemade granola bars. I've been wanting to have something like this handy when I'm hungry. Thanks for sharing. Linda

 
At February 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Linda! Have a great rest of your week!

 
At March 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! Followed you over from This Silly Girl's Life blog hop. This looks great! My husband eats a ton of granola bars and I love the idea of making them myself so we know what ingredients are in the granola bars and to save money. I actually have been making something similar, no bake peanut butter and oatmeal energy balls, http://www.thenonmarthamomma.com/2013/03/no-bake-peanut-butter-oatmeal-energy.html
Pinned this recipe and now following you via GFC.

Jackie
www.thenonmarthamomma.com

 
At March 31, 2013 at 6:42 AM , Blogger L.A. said...

Looks delicious! I, too, have been looking for a granola recipe! Thanks! I also like that you put the nutrition facts! I am a new follower!
LA :)
www.simplysmilingblog.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home