This page has moved to a new address.

Chicken Mexican Casserole

The Best Blog Recipes: Chicken Mexican Casserole

Jan 24, 2013

Chicken Mexican Casserole



Join the The Best Blog Recipes for the latest and greatest!  
Like us on Facebook or follow on Pinterest!

What's better than a mexican casserole for dinner?  Nothing!  

You know what's even more exciting for me than a yummy mexican casserole? It's the fact that this is a family recipe that my mom sent to me.  I knew she had been making it for years but just hadn't gotten around to trying it since we live thousands of miles apart.  

Ok, I'm a dork.  

In the middle of my post I had to Google it and our cities are actually 833 miles apart.  It really does seem like thousands since I don't get to see her as often as I would like.  

Thank you mom, and thank you family for making this dish!  It is a definite keeper and will be oun our mexican food rotation for sure!

Chicken Mexican Casserole
Ingredients   
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces [I used 2 large breasts for my casserole]
2 cans rotel tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
6-7 medium sized tortilla's, torn into bite sized pieces
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 small can black olives, sliced
1 medium yellow onion, chopped

Directions 
Mix chicken, rotel tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, torn tortillas, cheddar cheese, olives and yellow onion in a large bowl.  Stir to mix all ingredients. 

Preheat your oven to 350° and spray the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.  

Pour all ingredients into casserole dish and cover with foil. 

Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.  Uncover and let cook for an additional 10 minutes.  

Serve and enjoy! 

    
We've been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)  

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At January 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM , Anonymous Leigh Anne @Yourhomebasedmom said...

We are big Mexican food fans at our house and this looks delicious!
I'd love for you to come over and share at Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party!
http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-2/

 
At January 31, 2013 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Ladybird Ln said...

This looks so delicious, I wish I had it for dinner tonight! I showed it off tonight at my party!!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

 
At February 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Shaffer Sisters said...

I am right in the middle of a move so this looks like a great option for a quick and tasty meal, especially since I have all the ingredients in my pantry. Thanks for sharing. I am pinning this for tomorrow's dinner!
With Love,
~Scary, from The Shaffer Sisters

 
At February 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your blog! Thanks for posting the address and the invite to your link party! I've added you to my "Link Parites" tab so that my readers can find you too :)

 
At February 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for showing it off at your party Carlee! I've added your button to my sidebar! Love your parties :) I've also added you to my big Link Parties tab so that everyone else can find you too!

 
At February 16, 2013 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks fantastic!! YUM! My family will love this one. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! So thrilled to have you share with us. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Kathy
www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

 
At February 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I have to try this!

 
At February 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM , Blogger cody said...

I wanted to say I truly enjoyed viewing your blog site and your recipe is good. thanks! recette aux truffes noires

 
At February 18, 2013 at 10:37 AM , Blogger The Honeysuckle Bus Stop said...

I am starving after seeing this recipe! WOW. Looks yummy. Will definitely be making this.

My readers would LOVE this recipe! Feel free to link up with me for Moonshine Monday at The Honeysuckle Bus Stop!

Amber @ The Honeysuckle Bus Stop
http://thehoneysucklebusstop.blogspot.com/

 
At February 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Amber,
Thanks for the invite! I just went over and linked up a few recipes for this week. I'm also following you on GFC, FB, Pinterest and have added your Party Button to my Monday list so that my readers can find you too!

I'd love for you to follow me back if you haven't already :)

 
At February 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks amazing!

Jessica
myworlmadebyhand.blogspot.com

 
At February 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jessica :)

 
At February 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Call Me PMc said...

Looks and sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing at Saturday Dishes! This week we'll be having a St Patrick's day party so bring anything green! Hope you'll come! Paula http://www.callmepmc.com

 
At February 28, 2013 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great! I'll see what I have that is green and ready to link up :)

 
At March 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Diana of Diana Rambles said...

I know this as King Ranch Chicken, although slightly different. I discovered that using the pizza cutter to cut the tortillas makes for fast prep!!

 
At March 7, 2013 at 10:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE the pizza cutter idea Diana! I'll have to try it next time I'm cutting tortillas :)

 
At March 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy! I love a casserole!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home