This page has moved to a new address.

Tofu & Broccoli Scramble

The Best Blog Recipes: Tofu & Broccoli Scramble

Jan 28, 2013

Tofu & Broccoli Scramble


Join the The Best Blog Recipes for the latest and greatest!  
Like us on Facebook or follow on Pinterest!

When I say Tofu does the thought of hippies and tasteless bland food come to mind?  Well, it did to me.  I am one of those people who automatically assumed that I didn't like (hated) Tofu and it wasn't even worth a try... ever!  

I don't know why that is.  Guess somewhere along the line someone must have said how disgusting it must have been and it just stuck with me, like most other people that I know.  

Then I came across a recipe for Tofu Taco's and I decided to give it a try and it turned out to be pretty darn good! 

I wonder how many other things there are in this world that I "don't like" that I haven't even tried yet. 
Oh I thought of one... Greek Yogurt. 

I'm pretty sure I don't like greek yogurt since I heard from someone that it's yuckie...  [mental note:  add greek yogurt to my shopping list this week and see if I actually like it or if I'm just really a dork and that much of a follower].

So anyways, I am so surprised at how much I am in love with Tofu!  Especially what I made today.

Tofu & Broccoli Scramble
Ingredients  
{This recipe serves one person}
1/2 of a [15 oz] package extra firm tofu
2.5 cups frozen broccoli 
1/8 teaspoon red ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup white mushrooms, chopped
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce

Directions: 
Open your tofu package and drain off all water.  Cut tofu in half.  Place one half in a ziplock bag for later use. 

 
Take the remaining half and wrap between paper towels, or clean kitchen towels and press to squeeze excess water out of tofu.  

*Note... I used about 10 paper towels today and wished I would have put towels on either side of the paper towels to eliminate so much waste.  I could have saved 8 paper towels... ugh.

Now it's time to crumble / cut your tofu into smaller more manageable pieces.

Now clean and chop your mushrooms and add both mushrooms and tofu to a medium sized sautee pan.

Add 1/2 tablespoon butter and turn on to medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. 


Now use a fork to break up and mash the larger pieces of tofu in the pan, but be careful not to scratch your non-stick surface.  

In a separate dish combine ground red pepper, garlic powder, chicken base, salt, and celery seed.  It will form a bit of a paste that you'll just need to scoop out and drop into the sautee pan.  

Stir well to incorporate all ingredients together.  

Continue to sautee until tofu starts to brown.  

While that is cooking put your frozen broccoli into a medium sized bowl and add about 3 tablespoons water to the bottom.  Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5-6 minutes depending on how soft you want your broccoli.  

When it's finished cooking remove from microwave and remove plastic wrap (be careful... it's hot in there!). 

Drain the excess water off of your broccoli and place it on a plate or back in the same bowl.  Add your remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter.  

Add the tofu and mushroom mixture to the broccoli and drizzle 2 teaspoons of soy sauce over the top of it.  

Enjoy! 

Recipe Source:  Me, myself and I :)

1 serving = {Calories 331} {Carbs 33g} {Fat 14g} {Protein 31g} {Sugar 10g} {Chol 10g} {Sodium 1384g} 






We've been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)  


 


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At January 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM , Anonymous Chinese restaurant Brisbane said...

Yummy! It looks delicious and not so difficult.

 
At January 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Shauna,
Just found you and would love for you to come to my link party going on now at memoriesbythemile.com
Following you on fb and twitter as well.
Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

 
At January 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad you let me know about your link party! I just went and linked up :) I also put you on my link party tab so others can link up too!

 
At January 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

 
At February 5, 2013 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Winnie said...

I love Tofu and love broccoli, and this is a great and easy recipe
Thank you for sharing it :)

 
At February 12, 2013 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This does look good. I think I have tried tofu before when eating out but haven't attempted to use it at home. Not sure if I could get my youngest two to even try it....but something to remember when it is just hubby and I with our oldest one!

Thanks for linking up to our Healthy Tuesday's Blog Hop- I hope you join us again next week!
Kerry from Country Living On A Hill

 
At February 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks so delicious! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs
Kathy

 
At April 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks so good!

Would love for you to link up at Empty Your Archive. We have a special focus this week on fabulous veg recipes, Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home