This page has moved to a new address.

Chicken Marsala

The Best Blog Recipes: Chicken Marsala

Apr 13, 2013

Chicken Marsala

Don't forget to submit your latest and greatest links to
 The Weekend re-Treat Link Party #12  while you're here today!



I have been so good this past week you guys!  Last weekend I searched for recipes I wanted to try, made a huge grocery list, went to the store and got everything on my list.  Then I proceeded to cook a new recipe every night for the last week with the exception of one night.  It rarely goes that smooth in our house.  

Something always comes up and I don't have time to make a big dinner.... or if I do make dinner then my photo's don't turn out great... or I'm too hungry to take photos and I dig right in.  

That's why I was happy that I had time to make this dinner, and that my photo's turned out good, and that I wasn't too hungry (well I was, but I restrained myself long enough to take pictures, lol!)  

So I've really been looking forward to trying this Chicken Marsala recipe from Pass The Sushi this week! I did tweak it just a little bit and it turned out to be so tasty!  Definitely making this one again for dinner :)

Chicken Marsala Ingredients

3-4 chicken breasts, trimmed and halved horizontally
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3-4 strips of bacon, chopped
8-10 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 cups sweet Marsala wine *(you could also use a Marsala Substitute ) or just chicken stock, which will change the flavor considerably but I've tried making "Marsala" without the "Marsala Wine" and it is actually quite good :) 
3 teaspoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons butter
fresh chopped Parsley for garnish (optional) 
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch if using chicken stock (you will want to add this while the sauce is simmering at the very end)

Directions
Preheat oven to 250°.  Halve chicken horizontally, cover them with plastic wrap and pound them using a mean pounder until they reach 1/4 of an inch in thickness.  Unwrap and pat dry.  

Combine your garlic salt, ground pepper, and dried parsley flakes in a small bowl and stir together. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasonings mixture and rub it into the halved chicken breasts.  

Place 1/2 of your oil in a large saute pan and warm over medium heat.  Place your flour in a shallow dish or on a plate and coat both sides of your seasoned chicken breasts.  Place 1/2 of your chicken in the saute pan and cook on both sides until no longer pink and lightly browned on both sides.  Remove the chicken from the saute pan and place in an 11x7 casserole dish.  Add remaining oil to your saute pan and repeat the process.  Once all chicken is cooked loosely tent the casserole dish with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven to keep warm while you're making the sauce.  

Turn down the heat on the burner to med-low and add your chopped bacon and sun dried tomatoes to the saute pan stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits, until crisp.  Remove to a small plate and set aside.  

Add your chopped mushrooms and 1 tablespoon of butter to the saute pan and increase your heat back to medium.  Cook and stir occasionally until soft and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.  

Add your bacon, sun dried tomatoes, minced garlic, red pepper flakes and stir well.  Add your Marsala or other liquid scraping up any browned bits.  Bring mixture to a vigorous simmer and cook stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and measures 1 1/4 cups, about 5 minutes (*this is where you would add the cornstarch if you are using chicken stock).  Reduce heat to med-low and stir in lemon juice and chilled butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir until well incorporated and simmer for about 5 minutes.  

Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.  Sprinkle with optional fresh parsley and spoon sauce over the top of your chicken breasts.  

Shauna's Tips
We served this with mashed potatoes and it was really delicious!   Potatoes on the bottom and top with the chicken and sauce... yum! 


We've been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)




Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At April 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Bev said...

hi, i following the "meet and greet" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

http://blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

thanks
new follower bev

 
At April 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM , Blogger mail4rosey said...

I LOVE weeks like that when I actually shop for and make recipes. It doesn't happen often but it's always fun when I do it. This recipe looks great!

I'm visiting today from Let's Get Social Sunday.

 
At April 15, 2013 at 4:57 AM , Blogger WhatJeanLikes said...

Well your blog definitely lives up to the blog name!! This recipe looks so delicious!! Following you back from the Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! Thank you for linking up!

Aloha,

Jean //www.whatjeanlikes.com

 
At April 15, 2013 at 4:57 AM , Blogger WhatJeanLikes said...

Oh I'm following via GFC, Bloglovin' and Google Plus.

 
At April 15, 2013 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

This looks so good! Found you at the blog climb link and am following you via GFC!

 
At April 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but believe that the market for products with photos imprinted on them, now made accessible by the Internet, represents a truly enormous opportunity. With this amazing app Write Pad, You can take notes by. Many of the paintings have a tendency to use a signature in order to improve a funny message that's shown in the
photo.

My web-site ... www.facebook.com/pages/LoLz-Paradise/510406835655540

 
At April 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds great I love chicken marsala! I found you on Lets Get Social Sundays. I am a new follower on bloglovin. Would love for you to check out my blog!

http://www.stephwnekcookbookproject.blogspot.com

 
At April 17, 2013 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my. This looks luscious. Pinned and sharing on facebook. Thank you for sharing.

Consider yourself hugged,
http://simpleesue.com/frivolous-friday-bacon-corn-pancakes/

 
At April 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh my dear I so shouldn't be reading this late at night. I'm starving yummy!

 
At April 20, 2013 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

This looks fantastic. Chicken Marsala is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing it at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

 
At April 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

That recipe looks great.....Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com


 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home